• Herzlich willkommen im "neuen" DSLR-Forum!

Wir hoffen, dass Euch das neue Design und die neuen Features gefallen und Ihr Euch schnell zurechtfindet.
    Wir werden wohl alle etwas Zeit brauchen, um uns in die neue Umgebung einzuleben. Auch für uns ist das alles neu.

Euer DSLR-Forum-Team

• In eigener Sache!

Liebe Mitglieder, liebe Besucher und Gäste
    ich weiß, es ist ein leidiges Thema, aber ich muss es ansprechen: Werbung, Werbeblocker und Finanzierung des Forums.
    Bitte hier weiterlesen ...

• DSLR-Forum Fotowettbewerb neu erfunden!
    Nach wochenlanger intensiver Arbeit an der Erneuerung des Formates unseres internen Fotowettbewerbes ist es Frosty als Moderator
    und au lait als Programmierer gelungen, unseren Wettbewerb auf ein völlig neues Level zu heben!
    Lest hier alle Infos zum DSLR-Forum Fotowettbewerb 2.0
    Einen voll funktionsfähigen Demowettbewerb kannst du dir hier ansehen.
  • Neuer Partner: AkkuShop.de
    Akkus, Ladegeräte und mehr (nicht nur) für Digitalkameras und Drohnen
  • Neuer Gutscheincode unseres Partners Schutzfolien24:
    DSLR-Forum2024
    Dauerhaft 10% Rabatt auf alle Displayschutzfolien der Eigenmarken "Upscreen", "Brotec", "Savvies".
    Der Code ist für alle Geräteklassen gültig.
  • Stimmt ab über die Sieger des DSLR-Forum Fotowettbewerbs April 2024.
    Thema: "Sprichwörtlich"

Nur noch bis zum 30.04.2024 23:59!
    Jeder darf abstimmen!
    Zur Abstimmung und Bewertung hier lang
WERBUNG

Bilder Antarktika, März 2015

9)
dsc9756.jpg

10)
dsc9760.jpg

11)
dsc9762.jpg

12)
dsc9770.jpg

11 und 16 sind klasse! (y)

Gruß Matthias

Danke :) Ja die Location war schon ziemlich cool - vor allem wenn man bedenkt dass man quasi auf einem Vulkan ist und man nur die Spitze sieht :)

Ja, aber leider nur so ein bisschen - sind blöderweise in die andere Richtung geschwommen :)

Aber immerhin - geiles Erlebnis!

Und nun das letzte Update aus Antarktika!

Live #77, Crossing Drake Passage, Antarctica

98_antarctica_drakepassage.jpg

01/04/2015 “All good things must come to an end.” a wise man once said, and so did our trip to Antarctica. We only spent a couple of days in that remote and magnificent place, but it felt like a much longer time. We saw breathtaking, ice-covered landscapes and a lot of wild life and now it was time to head back “home” towards Ushuaia, crossing the Drake Passage one more time to reach the mainland of South America again.

The weather improved once more on our way back home and even though we would not see any ice bergs, penguins or seals anymore, we would still have a lot of company. Nine species of sea birds were following our ship while we cruised back along the Drake Passage; which was, once more, surprisingly calm. At least we were able to spent a lot of time outside on deck to observe the birds. Albatrosses around us did not have any troubles keeping up with our ship and constantly stayed with us. Some other, such as pintado petrels, came by from time to time to say hi. A lot of people were really into the birds and observed them for hours. Personally, I’ve had enough after 20 minutes and got back inside again to play some more chess.

Everyone gathered for a group picture on deck and enjoyed their lunch afterwards. Other than watching the birds outside, there was not really much more to do than reflect on all the impressions of the last days, interact with the other passengers or follow one of the many lectures of the day. Anna told us about the biodiversity of marine animals and plants in Antarctica, stating that 80% of the species are only to be found in this part of the world and nowhere else. Pretty interesting fact! We also got more information about the exploration of the continent and were teased by visiting South Georgia next time, something I am certainly considering at some point!

We set anchor at the entrance of the Beagle Channel and were served our last dinner. I was truly enjoying each single one of them, but tonight was a really special farewell dinner including a great swan-shaped dessert. The crew finally introduced us to everyone working in the kitchen and they received a well earned applause. Especially our waiter was loved by everyone for his comical fill ins while he served us. He was just a great guy and could work as a comedian anywhere without speaking a single word, you can spot him on the picture below too.

We arrived back in Ushuaia in the morning and had one last breakfast together before waving each other good bye. Outside, everything was completely white in fresh snow, just like nature wanted us to stay in the same habitat a bit longer. I really loved the scenery and decided to follow it’s call for some small hikes before heading up north towards Chile and even more hiking (I cant wait to write about my trip to Torres del Paine!).

Luckily, I was in good company with my new Couchsurfing host as her friends were climbers as well and they would take me out to some local spots for some bouldering! I will truly miss Antarctica and can’t wait to get back some time, following Anna’s advice of venturing to South Georgia. Even though it is certainly one of those “once in a lifetime experiences”, it does not mean that you can’t go back and have it once more :) Fare thee well, Antarctica!

Pics:

1)
dsc0016.jpg

2)
dsc0061.jpg

3)
dsc00078.jpg

4)
dsc00080.jpg

5)
dsc00091.jpg

Danke! Werde dann bald mal mit dem Video anfangen :)

Ansonsten habe ich hier noch die Ankunft in Ushuaia dokumentiert mit einer kleinen Wanderung.

Live #78, Ushuaia, Argentina

99_ushuaia1.jpg

03/04/2015 My mind was blown away after 10 amazing days in Antarctica and I returned to Ushuaia just in time for the first fresh snow of the year. The town was surrounded by snow covered peaks and I spent half an hour just looking at them while breathing in the clear crisp air around me. I would spent some days here for a hike before taking the road up north towards one of the bridges that connects the island Tierra del Fuego with the mainland of Argentina.

Before my departure to the cold continent, I was only able to spend a little bit of time in Ushuaia, regarded as the most southern city in South America. Now I came back to see some more of it and the country side as well. My Couchsurfing host from last time and her cute little kittie were not in town anymore, but I was lucky to find another great host. Once I had a shelter organised, I spent some time walking around in town, desperately trying to find a haircut. All the stores were closed though and I had to postpone my plan to get rid of the now pretty intense bowl of curly hair on my head. At least it would help me to keep warm while I was staring at the unbelievably beautiful snow-covered mountains close to town. Ushuaia itself felt pretty dull, most people decided to stay in their houses and I would do the same soon after, planning my hike to one of the peaks.

Originally, I had planned to hike up to Martial Glacier – pretty much the most famous day trip to do from Ushuaia for it’s views on Ushuaia and the Beagle Channel. Due to my location a bit further up north in town, I decided to venture into the forest leading to Cerro del Medio instead. There was fresh snow everywhere on the ground and it felt like walking into a magic forest. The trees still had some colourful leaves and winding myself through them fulfilled me with a sense of joy and tranquility. Eventually, I reached a small open spot and could see the sun slowly appearing behind the thick layer of clouds – sadly it was never able to break through them completely.

The ground was now more and more covered in mud and I had to consider the time. It was already getting pretty late now and early really dark as well, so I decided to turn around again and not to proceed through the now more and more appearing mud on the ground. I returned back to my Couchsurfers place with some cool photos and even though I did not make it to the top and was not able to see the panoramic views, I was still happy with the hike. Probably, I wouldn’t have been able to see much anyway due to the worsening weather conditions.

The remaining time in Ushuaia was spent making travel arrangements for the upcoming weeks and just reflect a little bit on all the Impressions of last week in Antarctica. But there was one more thing in my ToDo list here: Go out for some bouldering! Luckily, my Couchsurfer had some friends that go climbing regularly and they took me out one of their trips on my last day. More on that in the next update!

1)
dsc002451.jpg

2)
dsc00252.jpg

3)
dsc00299.jpg

4)
dsc00304.jpg

5)
dsc00298.jpg

Das Gefühl, wesentlich länger unterwegs gewesen zu sein, kann ich nur zu gut nachempfinden! Vielen Dank für deinen tollen Bericht und die wirklich großartigen Bilder!

Danke! Du kannst davon ja auch ein Lied singen, deine Bilder von Grönland erinnern mich auch an meinem Trip an die Westküste dort :) Es gibt nichts besseres als Eisberge mit Sonnenuntergangsfarben :)

WERBUNG
Zurück
Oben Unten